Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bad news with a great future

In February of 2008 I was diagnosed as being a type II diabetic. I must admit it came as a total surprise. The doctor immediately prescribed Glyburide. Me being the obedient patient, I went right out a bought the meds. The dosage was 5 mgs. I took the first dose and felt horrible. It dropped my blood sugar so low I had a horrible "hypo". For those who don't know, a hypo is when your blood sugar falls too low and you have a hypoglycemic reaction. If it falls too low you will go into insulin shock. That;s bad. Really bad. I felt that horrible. I bust out in a torential sweat. It was pouring off of me. The doctor tells me to break the pill in half. I did but it still made me feel sick.

I reached out to the village and was turned on to a book by Dr. Jullian Whitiker named "Reversing Diabeties". Amazing book. I have since turned to a fully natural suplement treatment.

But for everyone with type II the key is diet/weight management and excercise. I don't just mean you walking around the block a few times. No. I mean get on the floor and don't get off until you're dripping. I started the journey at 225lbs. The first few months I managed to lose 30 lbs. My goal is to get down to 175 lbs.

Karate is the other journey.

No comments: